Friends of the Earth Action announces endorsements for key state and local races
WASHINGTON – Friends of the Earth Action announced today its endorsement of a slate of candidates running for state and local government across the country.
Ariel Moger, senior political coordinator for Friends of the Earth Action, issued the following statement on behalf of the organization:
It has never been more important to elect leaders at all levels of government who will fight for our communities and the environment. We need progressive champions who will always put people and the planet before corporate profits and polluting industries. Friends of the Earth Action is proud to endorse this slate of candidates and we urge voters in Minnesota, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Virginia to support them on election day.
A list of this round of Friends of the Earth Action’s endorsements:
- Dr. Kate Knuth for Minneapolis Mayor
- Cammy Watkins for Omaha City Council District 3
- Steve Singer for Allegheny County Council District 9*
- Jalen McKee Rodriguez for San Antonio City Council District 2*
- Teri Castillo for San Antonio City Council District 5*
- Vicki Byrd for Denton City Council District 1*
- Brian Beck for Denton City Council District 2*
- Alison Maguire for Denton City Council District 4*
- Jennifer Adeli for Virginia State Assembly District 34*
- Richard Walker for Virginia State Assembly District 71*
- Ibraheem Samirah for Virginia State Assembly District 86*
*Also endorsed by Lead Locally.
A full list of Friends of the Earth Action’s endorsements for the 2021 election cycle can be found here.
Contact: Erin Jensen, (202) 222-0722, email@example.com