Friends of the Earth Action Endorses Progressive Incumbents in 2022 Democratic Primaries
WASHINGTON — Today, Friends of the Earth Action announced its first round of 2022 primary endorsements for fourteen sitting U.S. Representatives seeking reelection across the country. All candidates were previously endorsed by Friends of the Earth Action, demonstrating the organization’s support for incumbents who consistently fight to protect our planet and advocate for progressive policies.
Ariel Moger, Government and Political Affairs Manager for Friends of the Earth Action, issued the following statement:
We are extremely proud to endorse these progressive environmental champions. These incumbents have proven time and time again their unwavering dedication to the fight for a healthier and more just world. Their leadership on issues ranging from protecting democracy and climate justice to corporate accountability and food justice has been instrumental in advancing vital national progressive policies. We strongly encourage voters to support these incredible leaders so that they can keep standing up for people and the planet in Congress.
Below are the candidates the organization has endorsed:
U.S. House of Representatives:
- Jamaal Bowman for New York’s 16th Congressional district
- Cori Bush for Missouri’s 1st Congressional district
- Adriano Espaillat for New York’s 13th Congressional district
- Jesus “Chuy” Garcia for Ilinois’ 4th Congressional district
- Jared Huffman for California’s 2nd Congressional district
- Pramila Jayapal for Washington’s 7th Congressional district
- Barbara Lee for California’s 12th Congressional district
- Andy Levin for Michigan’s 11th Congressional district
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for New York’s 14th Congressional district
- Ilhan Omar for Minnesota’s 5th Congressional district
- Ayanna Pressley for Massachusetts’ 7th Congressional district
- Jamie Raskin for Maryland’s 8th Congressional district
- Rashida Tlaib for Michigan’s 12th Congressional district
- Nydia Velazquez for New York’s 7th Congressional district
A full list of Friends of the Earth Action’s endorsements for the 2022 election cycle can be found here.
Communications contact: Brittany Miller, (202) 222-0746, email@example.com
Paid for by Friends of the Earth (Action), Inc. Not authorized by a candidate or a committee controlled by a candidate.