Friends of the Earth Action Endorses Progressives in May 2022 Primaries
WASHINGTON – Today, Friends of the Earth Action announced its second slate of 2022 endorsements ahead of the upcoming May Democratic primaries. These nine candidates are aligned with the organization’s mission to champion a healthier and more just world for all.
Ariel Moger, Government and Political Affairs Manager for Friends of the Earth Action, issued the following statement:
It has never been more important to elect progressive champions who will fight tooth and nail for communities and the environment. Whether advancing climate justice or safeguarding democracy, voters can trust these advocates will always prioritize people and the planet over corporate greed. We are proud to endorse this slate of candidates and strongly urge voters to send these bold leaders to Congress.
The organization has endorsed the candidates below:
- Dr. Alma Adams for North Carolina’s 12th Congressional district
- Nida Allam for North Carolina’s 4th Congressional district
- Jessica Cisneros for Texas’ 28th Congressional district
- Antonio Daza for Georgia’s 11th Congressional district
- Alexandra Hunt for Pennsylvania’s 3rd Congressional district
- Summer Lee for Pennsylvania’s 12th Congressional district
- Jamie McLeod-Skinner for Oregon’s 5th Congressional district
- Attica Scott for Kentucky’s 3rd Congressional district
- Erica Smith for North Carolina’s 1st Congressional district
A full list of Friends of the Earth Action’s endorsements for the 2022 election cycle can be found here.
Communications contact: Brittany Miller, (202) 222-0746, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Earth (Action), Inc. fights for transformational environmental policy and pushes political discourse to center justice and the environment. Friends of the Earth (Action), Inc. is the 501(c)(4) affiliate of Friends of the Earth U.S., but these organizations’ names are not interchangeable. This news release is from Friends of the Earth (Action), Inc., not Friends of the Earth.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.