Friends of the Earth Action Endorses Progressives in June 2022 Primaries
WASHINGTON – Today, Friends of the Earth Action announced its third round of endorsements in advance of the upcoming June Democratic primaries. These eleven candidates are aligned with the organization’s mission to champion a healthier and more just world for all.
Ariel Moger, Government and Political Affairs Manager for Friends of the Earth Action, issued the following statement:
We are thrilled to endorse these progressive champions for Congress. This election season, our environment, public health and democracy are on the line. We need to elect leaders who will put communities over corporate profits, and these candidates will undoubtedly do just that. We strongly urge voters to support these progressives who will fight for people and the planet in Washington.
The organization has endorsed the following candidates:
- Shervin Aazami for California’s 32nd Congressional district
- Nanette Barragán for California’s 44th Congressional district
- David Canepa for California’s 15th Congressional district
- Vanessa Fajans-Turner for New York’s 22nd Congressional district
- Jimmy Gomez for California’s 34th Congressional district
- Mondaire Jones for New York’s 17th Congressional district
- Ro Khanna for California’s 17th Congressional district
- Marie Newman for Illinois’ 6th Congressional district
- Imani Oakley for New Jersey’s 10th Congressional district
- David Ocampo Grajales for New Jersey’s 8th Congressional district
- Sol Sandoval for Colorado’s 3rd Congressional district
A full list of Friends of the Earth Action’s endorsements for the 2022 election cycle can be found here.
Communications contact: Erika Seiber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Earth (Action), Inc. fights for transformational environmental policy and pushes political discourse to center justice and the environment. Friends of the Earth (Action), Inc. is the 501(c)(4) affiliate of Friends of the Earth U.S., but these organizations’ names are not interchangeable. This news release is from Friends of the Earth (Action), Inc., not Friends of the Earth.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.