Position: Field organizer
Availability: Portland, Ore.
Friends of the Earth Action provides extra political muscle on key legislative battles here in the U.S. to our sister organization, Friends of the Earth, which is part of the world’s largest grassroots environmental network in 76 countries. Friends of the Earth Action places environmental advocates in the field on critical campaigns to fight for laws and lawmakers that protect the environment.
Organizing and activating citizen participation through public education, constituent letter writing campaigns, and fundraising. Voter education, registration, and turnout; building support for top environmental candidates in state and federal elections. Opportunities exist for both expert campaigners and those looking to gain experience in politics.
Develop grassroots support for local and national environmental legislation:
- Stop the use of bee-killing pesticides that are harming bees and other species critical to food production.
- Fight for labeling GMO food.
- Advocate for safe and sustainable energy; demand that our elected officials act now to prevent the impending climate crisis.
- Protect our rivers and oceans, farmlands and endangered salmon and orcas from the threat of proposed massive fossil fuel export projects in the Pacific NW.
- Fight the influence of big money in politics by passing comprehensive campaign finance reform.
- Oppose corporate power grabs and trade agreements that would rollback laws that protect our health and environment.
- Commitment to environmental, social and political issues.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to relate to the public on a one to one level.
- Commitment to working with diverse segments of the community.
- Fundraising experience a plus; passion a must
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- $12-$16 per hour DOQ; plus fundraising bonuses.
- Health, dental and vision with full time employment. Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
- Significant advancement opportunities for career-minded individuals.
- Excellent training on issues and skills.
- Great Management training program.
- Opportunities for travel and relocation.
Contact Maggie Ludlow, national recruitment director
Click here for online application: Jobs that matter
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer.